Friday, March 27, 2015

My Mom's (Couldn't Be Easier) Corned Beef Hash

corned beef hash
(Ben Rayl)
It’s pretty much impossible for me to have breakfast in a diner and not order corned beef hash and eggs – it’s probably my favorite breakfast.  I’d never thought about making it at home until my mom called me the other day and told me about her super-easy recipe. Seriously, this dish is one of the easiest things I’ve ever made, and it’s absolutely delicious.
Be sure to get good quality corned beef at a nice deli – and just ask them to slice it a bit thicker than normal. Mine was about 1/8″ thick, then I just diced up the slices at home. I used a 20 oz bag of ready to eat diced potatoes, and 1/2 a bag of thinly shredded coleslaw cabbage. This is really a very delicious dish to have for a weekend breakfast or brunch.

My Mom's Corned Beef Hash

By 
  • SERVES
    4
  • ACTIVE TIME

INGREDIENTS

  • 3 Tbsp butter
  • 4 cups diced, peeled potatoes
  • 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
  • ½ pound corned beef, 1/8" thick slices, diced

DIRECTIONS

  1. Heat the butter in a large, heavy bottomed non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the potatoes, and cook until browned and almost tender - about 12 - 15 minutes.
  2. Add the cabbage and cook, stirring often, until the cabbage begins to wilt.
  3. Increase the heat to high and add the cubed corned beef. Cook until the beef is hot and beginning to crisp. Serve topped with fried eggs and buttered toast on the side.

KITCHEN COUNTER

Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment